Friday, 7 July 2017

City of the Lost (Casey Duncan #1) - Kelley Armstrong (book review)

So a while ago I started a new book series from one of my favourite authors and once again I feel in love <3

Buy links
Get it as hard cover here
Get it as paperback here
Get is as audio book here

About the book
Casey Duncan is a homicide detective with a secret: when she was in college, she killed a man. She was never caught, but he was the grandson of a mobster and she knows that someday this crime will catch up to her. Casey's best friend, Diana, is on the run from a violent, abusive ex-husband. When Diana's husband finds her, and Casey herself is attacked shortly after, Casey knows it's time for the two of them to disappear again.

Diana has heard of a town made for people like her, a town that takes in people on the run who want to shed their old lives. You must apply to live in Rockton and if you're accepted, it means walking away entirely from your old life, and living off the grid in the wilds of Canada: no cell phones, no Internet, no mail, no computers, very little electricity, and no way of getting in or out without the town council's approval. As a murderer, Casey isn't a good candidate, but she has something they want: She's a homicide detective, and Rockton has just had its first real murder. She and Diana are in. However, soon after arriving, Casey realizes that the identity of a murderer isn't the only secret Rockton is hiding—in fact, she starts to wonder if she and Diana might be in even more danger in Rockton than they were in their old lives.

My Thoughts
Okay I have always loved Kelly Armstrongs writing and I must confess, I couldn't put this book down. I had to at 4 am in the morning but finished it the first things I could in the morning. 

The story is very interesting and draggs the reader in. It is a very well developed and though of story with a red thread even if there is a lot of things going on. There is new life, hope, problems, darkness friendship, enemy, breakups, love, trouble and mystery. Everything a great book need and everything is in good proportions. You dont get annoyed or frustrated. This is a real page turner. I love how the story is developed and flows easy to the reader. It dont feel forced in any way like some stories can do.

The characters it a perfect bunch of imperfection. I love hos Kelley Armstrong has made the story with how people came to the city and how they all have their problems and secrets and how they are trying to deal with it. The characters makes you feel and some you love, some you hate, some annoys you, some you want to hug an some you just want to slap in the face... with a chair.. made of Iron.


Overall A really awesome book and I didnt expect anything else from Kelley Armstrong who is one of my favourite authors and has been sense I picked up her book "Bitten" in my teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment