Wednesday, 2 March 2016

Cheating to Survive: Women's Fiction (Fix It or Get Out Series Book 1) - Christine Ardigo (book review)

So I have read the "Fix It or Get Out" Series by Christine Ardigo and will start reviewing the parts. its 3 books and i can say that I enjoyed reading them. :)

Buy Links
Get it as e-book here
Get it as paperback here

Story
Can Cheating on Your Husband Bring Unimaginable Pleasure or Completely Destroy your World?

To her three daughters, Heather is a fun-loving, silly mom. Her co-workers at Norlyn Plains Hospital think she has it all, including a handsome lawyer husband. 
But when a flirtatious new doctor chooses Heather to spend his down time with, he reminds her of the man she regrettably gave up so many years before. Each interaction breathes new life into her and she gives in to the doctor’s seductions, threatening her fifteen year marriage. 
Her co-workers Victoria and Catherine, are stunned by her actions, but when they see the positive transformation in Heather, and question their own crumbling marriages, they wonder if she has the right idea. 

Can cheating on their husbands bring the three of them happiness? Or will they be destroyed by the consequences?

My Thoughts
I must confess that I am surprised about this book and how it is told and the style in the book. It was not what I had expected and it took me by surprise but I must say that it made the book more memorable and the style fit the story very well, surprisingly well even. The book is very well written and the language is very well used to make the plot and twist in the book outstanding. The language helps to drive the story line and the story line is very realistic so it is easy to get drawn in to the book and get hooked. I read all 3 books in a day and that is not common for me to do but I couldnt get enough when I got into the book and into the story.

This book also challenged me and my viewings because I hate cheating and finds no excuse what so ever for it, but when I read this book I could put myself in the womens perspective and I sort of understood why they did it and what drove them to the point of doing what they did. I was so surprised who I could do this and still have my thoughts about cheating and well that hasnt changed but this gave me another perspective of things and what drives people into doing what they do.

Even if this book may sound heavy and dark it is not only that, it is romantic, it is funny and yes I laughed too. So the way the author can write a story that is kind of heavy and isnt the most easy subject and still make the book so awesome is something special and really good. I enjoyed the book a lot and I hope that I one day will have enough money over to buy this one and the rest as paperback because they are so good even if they challenge your views and perspective of life and makes you see things in different lights.

If you havent read this book yet, you have missed something because I felt like I had missed something when I was finished with it. Like Why hadnt I read this before?  So this book is a really really good book and a must read book.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this awesome review. I am SO glad you enjoyed them. This made my day, Angelica!

    ReplyDelete